Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Flight

The trip started off a little rough when we arrived at the ticket counter to check our bag the screen told me I now had 2 flights, after becoming upset and frustrated I learned that instead of the non-stop flight due in at 10:30am we would be traveling through Atlanta and arriving at 4:22pm. Those of you with infants know how difficult it is predicting all that might happen and preparing for a day of travel. My 3 hour trip with the baby just turned into a 9 hour ordeal.
ALL NEW INFO HERE:
The problem solvers in my life helped to calm me down and get an earlier flight so Colin and I ended up arriving in Indy around 11:30am. Colin was an amazing baby for the flight, he was eating on takeoff and slept the whole flight until we deplaned. I was really relieved! Grandma Chase/Mom picked me up and we went to Tulip Noir where they serve fancy teas. I enjoyed my lemon scone along with my Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos tea and I noshed on my half grilled cheese sandwich and cup of soup. Colin behaved himself well. Later that evening my sister/Aunt Erin hosted a dessert party where some friends came over and we hung out. Thursday Grandpa Chase/Dad took us to a photo shoot mom arranged. We ended up getting some cute pics of Colin at Portraiture Studio which can be seen here. That day we just hung out with Grandpa Chase and I went to Urban Gypsy to see if Aleah could help my haircut, she ended up making some adjustments to help balance it out so it will grow out nicely. For dinner mom made sloppy turks and everyone was there; Erin, Dan, the pups, Mom, Dad, Colin and me. It was really great being able to spend some qt with everyone. Friday Erin, Mom, CJ, and I took a 4 hour drive over to Peoria to visit my Grandpa and Aunt Laura. We made a quick stop in Normal, IL to visit Mary Mercer! She is the best! My mom is sooo lucky to have a best friend like Mary who has helped to set her up with all the necessary gear for entertaining Colin. She hosted us for lunch and served a delicious fruit salad alongside some Gondolas from Avanti's. We hung out for a little bit and then hit the road. When we reached Peoria Aunt Laura was waiting with big hugs for everyone and she was working her cooking magic on some twice baked potatoes that would accompany our Portillo's Ribs. If you haven't ever tried them, order them you will NOT be disappointed! That evening we just hung out and hit the hay in order to be fresh for the morning. We had breakfast together and then got ready and Mom offered to babysit Colin so we could go see How To Train Your Dragon. We enjoyed the movie, so go see it! All of us hooked up and went shopping, which is our tradition. Aunt Laura and Grandma Chase bought Colin some adorable outfits for summer, THANK YOU SO MUCH! We spent the rest of the evening hanging out with Grandpa and Aunt Laura. We decided to head home Sat night instead of staying for another night, Colin was having adjustment issues. Sunday morning, Mother's Day, dad woke up and made the moms (and Erin and Dan) some awesome pancakes. After lounging around and hanging out, the whole family headed to Broad Ripple and ate lunch together and took a stroll. We walked into a cute kids store called Night Owl Baby. More cute baby clothes bought here for Colin, he is so well dressed! After taking a trip to Fresh Market we all selected our meals for the evening which mom cooked, we had a family dinner again. Another wonderful time spent together hanging out. Monday Erin and mom and I hung out running some errands, then had lunch at Don Pablos. As with all visits it was really hard to face the reality that our time together was ending. I hate those times when you have to say goodbye. I miss them so much everyday. Mom took me to the airport and I checked in with no problems and went to the gate. The flight home was a little more tricky-Colin did great with takeoff, but woke in the middle of the flight because of a poopy diaper. We went to change it but then he wanted to be awake for the descent, so he fussed the whole time. Eric was there as our savior to take us home. While I was putting Colin's seatbelt on I left my cell phone on the roof, so we took off and once we got to 35mph the phone tumbled off and it took a second to register what the noise was...I yelled for Eric to stop the car "MY PHONE!!!" I jumped out and ran to find it in the dark. Just before I could get to it, a 15 passenger van swerved to give me room and ended up squashing my phone. I was devastated. The phone's screen was decimated, but it still worked so I could get the pics of Colin off. Eric my knight in shining armor bought me a new to me phone. Hopefully I won't do any more damage!

Picasa is updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment