Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weekend of Baby Gordon Shower and Meyer Family Visit











I know that it has been a while since I have posted. Last weekend, Colin and I flew to Chicago to spend time with Gramma and Granpa Meyer, Aunt Anna, and our family friends. Deanna (Kohrs)Gordon is expecting and Baby Gordon is due St. Patrick's Day so I attended the Blessingway and shower. The Blessingway was a special time where the women in her life provided support and guidance to prepare her for the birth. Then the shower happened after the Blessingway, and there were so many people. It was a house full of gifts and gab. It was so nice to participate in the welcoming of a new person. The visit with Gramma, Granpa, and Aunt Anna was great too! We had a lot of fun playing around, laughing, signing, and giggling! I also had the opportunity after the shower to hang out with Aunt Sharon and Uncle Karl. Angie drove down and we spent some QT together as well! It was so great to see her open her birthday present. Her birthday is Jan. 28th! Colin and I packed things up and headed home. When Eric picked us up from the airport it took a moment for Colin to recognize Eric, but then Eric got a really big smile from Colin. Monday I was able to go skiing at Whitetail and CJ went to the daycare while I hit the slopes! It was a fantastic way to warm up to prepare for our trip to Steamboat, CO. This week we have had 2 snow days so far! Looking for a delay so I can sleep in tomorrow! Take care. A

On the front of feeding, I began using Plum and Happy Baby Foods to sneak in some veggies and fruits. CJ loves that he is able to squeeze food into his mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment