Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Things I have been considering

Attempting to raise another human being to be a well rounded, polite, respectful, considerate, happy, and confident takes a lot of time, reinforcement, patience, and support from your husband/partner.  It seems as though both people need to be on the same page in effort and waiting out your stubborn little one.  This journey of parenthood is beginning to become a bit more challenging.  As CJ gets older he begins to assert himself, having his own preferences, and now understanding that he does have some control over what he does and when he does it.  I don't consider CJ to be in the "terrible twos" because he really isn't terrible.  I do see him growing up.  I hope that this portion of child rearing is one where we (Eric and I) can pull together and support one another.  These decisions about how to correct bad behavior, time outs versus spankings, how long you wait for an apology.  Not that I really would follow a manual, but there are times when I would like to have one to refer to.  Right now I am working on naming things that have happened, pointing out if any one is hurting emotionally/physically, and waiting for an apology.  This seems to be trying my patience.  I want to do the right thing and be the sweet quiet example of not losing your cool or letting your temper get the best of you, I think I need to increase my prayers and give myself some time outs.  I really love my little guy, Colin is truly an amazing gift in my life.  I want so badly to do right and raise a great person!  Here's to my attempt!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment