Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birthday Dinner with Eric

This evening Eric and I took advantage of restaurant week in DC. We decided to give Hook in Georgetown a try, and we were not disappointed. When I rushed in to make sure they would preserve our reservation until Eric could park the car, the hostess informed me that I needed to wait until my whole party arrived to be seated. The funniest part was the restaurant was completely empty. After Eric arrived we were taken to the back of the restaurant and we were greeted by 4 different members of the wait staff. It was nice to be doted on! I ordered a beet salad, grass-fed Ffillet Mignon with crushed potatoes, and for dessert a piece of lemon cake with vanilla ice cream. It was a delicious meal! Eric ordered oysters, Wahoo with corn, and apple pastry for dinner. After our lovely dinner we walked around Georgetown and ventured to the waterfront. Here we were greeted by a diverse crowd of people in expensive outfits and the boating crowd wearing bikinis and man belly guts hanging out. It was an interesting place to people watch. We finally headed home to take Ru-Dawg out for a long walk. I am pleased with my birthday weekend. What a wonderful way to conclude this weekend. Baby Meyer is saying hello! Hope everyone has a great week! Love, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment