Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Birthday!

I had a fantastic time hanging out with Eric this weekend! For my birthday weekend Aunt Sharon and Gramma Meyer came into town to babysit Colin while we went to the National Harbor Gaylord Hotel for Saturday evening fun! Friday the gals arrived and we all had a good evening hanging out at the house and having Pizza for dinner. Saturday morning Eric made pancakes for everyone and we spent the morning watching Colin crawl all around. In the afternoon we headed to Vivi's birthday party and we ate lunch at Apple Spice Junction. Eric and quickly packed our things and headed to the hotel. Once we arrived they told us our room was no longer available to us so they would "up grade" us to another room, which turns out to not be a suite, and a credit of $150 to spend on property. At first I was a bit disheartened, but we changed our dinner plans and ate at the hotel. With the rest of the money of the credit Eric suggested I get a spa treatment. After we finished dinner we took a dip in the pool while they played "Over the Hedge", and then at 9:30pm there was a great fireworks display in the harbor just for my birthday. After the pool closed we headed to the room and sat on our atrium balcony with some people watching and dranks. Then in the morning we got to sleep in, which was amazing! I head to the spa for my refresher massage and enjoyed the amenities of the spa, whirlpool and steam room. Eric and I then headed out to the Capitol Skyline Hotel near Nats Park and attended a swanky pool party. As we headed home it was bittersweet, we looked forward to seeing Colin but we're sad to see Gramma Meyer and Aunt Sharon head home. I had an amazing birthday! Thanks to everyone for the great wishes and the gifts!
Love you all,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment