Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thank the Lord for Babysitters!










This weekend Eric and I got ready for some date time away from Colin. This is the second time we have officially gone out without our little boy. The first time was when the Meyer Grandparents were visiting and we hung out with our Kickball team friends after the blizzard. This event was ShamRock Fest! Eric and I have attended this outdoor music and beer festival for several years now. It was a bit rainy and a bit chilly but it was a good time. I always enjoy spending time hanging with my husband! We had some beer and some cheese fries while listening to Mr. Greengenes and The Roots. It was awesome to be able to leave Colin in capable hands, and go out and have fun. I was getting to the point where I needed a short break, and I don't feel guilty! It was nice to not have to worry about Colin, although he was still on my mind. I do love that little guy! (Those of you who BF you also know you can never truly get away, your LD will always keep you in check.) I was physically relieved to get to the car, did a little pump and dump. After the music and fun we went over to Good Stuff Eatery since we were in the neighborhood. It was another fabulous experience, this time I actually saw Spike Mendelsohn grilling behind the counter. I was so star struck after just watching him compete on Iron Chef, March 7th. I asked the employee bagging the food orders if I could speak to Chef Spike and he said "Go on over there, he would love it!" I excused myself and gushed for a while to Chef Spike about how much I LOVE his food. He then shared with me that he was opening a pizza place next door, and I am looking forward to trying that fare when it opens. Those of you whom have visited we have probably taken you to Good Stuff Eatery since we love it so much. If anyone reading ever visits we will most likely take you too! On to some Colin news, which I know is the only reason a lot of you read this blog! :p Recently Colin has been a bit fussy, I am hoping it is only temporary. (Fussiness is contributing to my needing a break) It seems that wearing him in one of my contraptions really helps to soothe him and put him to sleep. This morning I fed Colin and he fell asleep so I laid him down and he woke up but was able to put himself back to sleep. I call that a small victory! On to spring news, our garden has a couple of residents making an appearance! I can't wait till my tulips and lilies bloom! Maybe I will be around this year to see the peak! (most years we are on a Spring Break adventure when my flowers bloom) This coming weekend we have Gramma Meyer and Aunt Anna visiting! I think that means Eric and I will be able to have another date night! Gotta keep the marriage thriving!
Love you all and miss you much!
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Date nights are a must!! I know the feeling. Jon and I try to have a date night every time one of our parents come into town. And oh yes, I know what you mean about not every truly being away when you are BFing. Glad you guys are doing so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to have a chat with mr. cranky pants and tell him to work with momma on the fussiness :-)

    ReplyDelete